- That it is not a twee, fairytale type of place but a phenomenally dangerous one. Nobody ever said fairies had to be nice. And then there are the "official" baddies such as the witches, treacherous wizards and so on. Nor do you want to get in the way of a dwarf with an axe who has had a bad day and wants to take it out on someone else.
- You can't trust the food or drink in any magical world. You literally don't know what has been done to it or, more importantly, what it will do to you. You can be assured though it will do something!
- The talking animals may prove to be smarter than you are. This is never good for morale.
- The magical world is quite happy to destroy anything or anyone in its way. It does not necessarily welcome visitors. Partly there is always the fear that someone will try to steal power from it. Partly because the inhabitants just don't care and if they see you as a threat, that will be the end of you, unless you can get out fast.
- Ancient castles and stately homes contain a great deal more than portraits, jewellery etc. They often contain main-eating giants for a start. Best avoided.
What the magical world will not tell you (in the hope you either won't find out or, if you do, you won't be in a position to tell anyone) includes the following:-
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.