- Road Traffic Signs showing pictures of dragons are put up in areas where these have been seen. These are put up quickly. Virgins are advised to stay indoors and not advertise their presence. Mind you, in sprite communities when the alcohol has been flowing freely, this is also good advice unless the virgin in question likes ribald commentary, suggestions etc.
- Villages are deserted. In any world you care to name, this is NOT a good sign. Devastation has just happened or it is about to be inflicted.
- Roherum goes unusually sombre on the FNN main news bulletin. This usually means he's about to share news of a dragon attack, massive numbers dead etc.
- The Queen changes her plans to visit what is left of a village. You can guarantee at least one other village will suffer a similar fate. When dragons, ogres etc go on the rampage, they don't usually stop at just destroying one place.
- Witches are seen flying around but fairy godmothers etc are not. This is usually indicative of a coup.
The Fairy Kingdom has a wide range of warning signs that all it not well within its midst. At those times, it is wise to take suitable cover. Some of these signs are:-
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.