- Putting her feet up on her luxurious bed in her quarters and/or her huge red sofa (not at the same time though, even fairy godmothers can't achieve that!). It depends on Hanastrew's mood and how tired she is as to which piece of furniture she uses.
- Reading - usually the classic fairytales but Hanastrew quite likes light humorous fiction imported from Earth. (Thinks P.G. Wodehouse is a documentary writer though).
- Chocolate! She always feels better after a bar or two of an evening and the great thing is in her line of work she always burns the calories off.
- Music. Like the Queen, Hanastrew likes Earth's classical music.
- Walking for pleasure, usually around the Palace grounds.
- A hot bath with lots of bubbles both in the bath and in a glass of something nice Hanastrew enjoys as she cleans up.
- Practising her spells in the Palace's firing range. Finds this a great tension reliever.
- Having a really good meal. Hanastrew enjoys the range of foods produced in the Palace's "canteen". (The Royal Household would shudder convulsively to hear it called that though it is what it is).
- Having a girls' night out with Melanbury.
- Spending time on the coast.
After a hard day's work killing dragons and putting giants to flight, Hanastrew needs plenty of wind down time to restore her equilibrium. Her favourite forms of relaxation are:-
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.