- How your characters eat and drink (and what!). Is the society a hunter-gatherer one? Meat eaters or vegetarians?
- How sanitation is dealt with. If your characters are eating and drinking, they will need to excrete! Okay this may not be a crucial part of your story, but there should be a general sense of how characters keep clean, and how disease is avoided (or not) due to good sanitation measures (or in the case of not due to the lack of them!).
- How their society is organised. Is it class based?
- What their society expects of them especially if it is class based. What happens to anyone defying expectations?
- Is their world a developed or developing one?
- If magical, are there limits to what people can do with their powers? How is anarchy or dictatorship prevented (assuming it is!)?
Food for thought there I hope.