- I read for pleasure. (And why not? Reading is known to help increase vocabulary).
- I read to increase my education. (As well as non-fiction books, would-be storytellers would do well to read widely from the fiction shelves to work out what you do and don't like so you know what to avoid)
- I read to find out about worlds I will never meet
- I use the library service to test out authors i'm thinking of buying books from. If I like them, I'll buy their books later.
- I read to catch up with the world. (Does your world's news run along the same lines as ours? Is the news edited before people can read it?).
I think the obvious follow up to my post on Why Write a day or so ago would be to look at reasons for reading. The true bibliophile will need no excuse to read at whatever time of day or night but in case you do need an excuse....
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.