- There is a very strong sense of justice. Even the witches don't like to feel hard done by.
- There is an improving awareness of the need to take better care of the land given the barren areas of the Kingdom have been made that way thanks to too much magic hitting it.
- I like the cheek of the magical realm for nicking our ideas and using them for its own ends, while still condemning us for our hypocrisy!
- Many areas of the magical realm are very beautiful, as Fresdian (later Rose) delights in finding out.
- Fairytales do come true here so there is always hope for Cinderella and so on.
- The Council becoming increasingly aware of the need to reign the Fairy Queen in as this will make the politics of the magical world more interesting (hopefully for me to write and later for you to read).
- Developing a news media within the realm. Not only is there the prospect of new characters with a new minor setting within the whole, I hope to look at later rivalries within the magical realm.
- One idea sparking off others, always a good sign.
- Being able to hear your characters' "speaking" though they are currently inactive as you write up these scenes. Some of those "lines" can and have triggered future story ideas in me.
- Knowing you would like a guided tour of your fictional world but being glad not to live there. You know the disadvantages only too well!
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.