- Horses. For being beautiful creatures in their own right, to enjoy seeing them run free and for their resemblance to unicorns.
- Dogs. For their loyalty, the ability to train them to do all kinds of things (the realm particularly admires assistance dogs) and the fact they still stay loyal to humans despite the cruel things inflicted on them far too often. The realm also believes dogs help bring out the best in humans and decent pet owners recognize that.
- Birds of Paradise. For the colouring mainly. The magical realm likes its colours.
- Trees. For their beauty in terms of leaves, branches and overall shape regardless of the season. For their contribution to life on Earth. For the fact nothing is wasted. Leaves are recycled every autumn into mould which feeds the new growth in spring. For providing a home to many different creatures. For the timber which comes from them and forms beautiful antiques.
- Fish. For their variety, their tastiness (there are not that many magical vegetarians!) and for their amazing swimming capacities.
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.