- For own pleasure. No thought of publication at all.
- For publication.
- To see if you could do it (and then discover, yes, you can but you are now addicted and can't stop!).
- For therapy (an excellent reason to write).
- Having an inner urge to be creative (and working with words is the way in for you here).
- To share your love of stories with others via the tales you have written.
- You have this idea for a story, you just have to write it down and then see what happens
- Life events make you realise, if you are going to write, it is best to just do it!
There will be other reasons for writing of course but these were the few that instantly occured to me.