- As with us, a character's choice in music can reveal a lot about them so could be a useful way of showing your readers more about them.
- Music is used for ceremony and pomp. What forms do these things take in your fictional creations? What music is played for them?
- Music and musicians have been held in high regard in all sorts of societies for centuries. What attitude does your fictional world have towards them?
- Can anyone in your fictional world learn to play music? If not, who is this privilege restricted to and why?
- Music can be used to convey messages (especially if lyrics are involved) and this may not always go down well with the powers that be. How is this tension resolved in your fictional setting?
My Chandler's Ford Today post tonight is called My Top 10 Classical Music Greats and is one I've been looking forward to writing for a while. This post combines my love of writing lists with my love of music and was a joy to write. So when it comes to fiction, what role is there for music?
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.