What do I look for in a good adjudication?
- An overall verdict on the story.
- Practical tips on improving the story so it has a better chance of being published.
- Encouragement. All writers need this. (I hope Shakespeare had some when he needed it!).
- Good and bad points listed especially of characterisation.
- Typos, punctuation and grammatical errors listed.
I'm sure you could think of other things to add to this list. What I love about story writing is the freedom of creation during that first draft, the relief at the end of that and you have a story to work on and improve (I always feel a sense of relief here!).