- Think about things like wildlife found in your fictional world. They may not be part of your overall story but it would be odd to have a world without other living creatures on it so some reference to what can be found should be made. After all do your main characters eat meat? If so how is it obtained? Are there creatures, like unicorns, who are treasured and revered and would never be used for that?
- What is your world's atmosphere like? Easily breathable or does everyone need masks? Has the atmosphere always been like that or has it been improved/worsened (and if so, how?)?
- What is the culture of your world like? How does it react to books, paintings etc?
- Is your world beautiful? What is its special quality?
- Does your world interact with other worlds and, if so, how does this work out?
- Does your world play sports? If so, which ones? Equally if they have invented their own, how did this come about? Can anyone join in?
- Is there a class structure? How does it work?
- What is the educational system like? How does it measure success? What happens to those who fail?
- How does your world react to unexpected events? Violently? In a panic?
- How does your world react to death?
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.