- Don't worry about getting your work right first go, first drafts are meant to be rubbish. It's why you never send a first draft out anywhere.
- If you spend time writing, you are a writer. (I've found this one has given me confidence which I hope shows up in what I do).
- Feed your writing mind by reading widely and well, including non-fiction.
- Enjoy your writing. That enjoyment will come through in what you do.
- Always print your story out before editing. You simply don't see all the typos etc on screen.
The great thing about writing advice is there is plenty of it out there. My best writing advice? See below!
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.