- Keeping wands fully charged and ready for use at any time.
- Reading up to date magical practice magazines (the witches one is called Which Witch?)
- Keeping up to date with Fairy Kingdom news (and not to be taken in by Roherum's hyperbole)
- Practising magical fighting with other fairy godmothers in a safe way (no accidents needed, please).
- Keeping their wardrobe well stocked up with a wide range of clothes for differing situations (while at the same time ensuring their gowns do not clash with the Queen's. Fortunately This Week's Royal Gossip Show presented by Roherum shows the Queen around the Kingdom in a wide range of outfits so general styles are easy to avoid).
- Reading up on what could, from other worlds, become a threat to the Fairy Kingdom and advise the Queen and her Council accordingly.
- As a favour to the Queen, keeping up to date with cuisine from other worlds. The Queen loves trying these things but is equally keen not to be a guinea pig. Her fairy godmothers are expected to be her food tasters and advisers here.
- Keeping flying skills up to date with plenty of practice in the Palace grounds
- Being prepared to be a link between the Kingdom and other worlds so practicing diplomatic skills is a good idea.
- Keeping spells up to date and helping The Queen update her records. She wants ancient calligraphy scripts being transcribed into a modern, more easily readable style and she won't trust anyone other than a fairy godmother to help her here.
Naturally Eileen would defy any expectations here (for her, this is a hobby and a way of life) but for everyone else, even Hanastrew, certain things are carried out in a fairy godmother's spare time. These include:-
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.