- Goldilocks - That breaking into the house where three bears lived was bound to have consequences and so best avoided.
- Hansel and Gretel - That houses are generally not made of sweets and cakes and so when you come across one that is, you really should stop and ask why. Just who is that house designed to attract? It is unlikely to be for a good reason.
- Little Red Riding Hood - That wolves, a renowned carnivore, are unlikely to take much interest in picnic baskets, especially when a source of meat is carrying said basket to Grandma's house.
- Sleeping Beauty - That guest lists for christenings should be checked several times to ensure nobody is missed out. That kind of thing is bound to cause offence and in a world where magic is as common as dirt the consequences are bound to be nasty.
- Rapunzel - That when someone who says they care for you locks you away in a tower, they don't care. They've got reasons for putting you in there and it won't be in your best interests.
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.