- There are always good and bad wizards and witches. This is par for the course.
- It is never to easy to spot who the bad wizards and witches are. They see no reason to make it easy for you.
- Fairy godmothers are not necessarily the sweet, kindly creatures so often portrayed in films. Most are all-action heroines. Someone has to tackle the dragons, foul fiends and so on. Fairy godmothers have to be quick on their wand and have the appropriate spell to hand at all times.
- It pays to be on good terms with a fairy godmother. It is not unknown for some of them to go on to become bad witches if either lured to the "dark side" or if they get fed up with carrying out all the tough magical obliteration work and feel they are being taken for granted. You want fairy godmothers to be on your side always.
- Never ill-treat step-daughters, the youngest of three sons or talking cats with a penchant for wearing wellingtons. Heroes and heroines, including the animal type are from a recognized template.
Magical stereotypes are unavoidable regardless of what dimension you're in or visiting. Some of them are:-
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.