- The magically powerful tend not to have many friends. There is a good reason for this. They obliterate anyone who could be a threat and this does put people off trying to befriend these people. Nobody wants to be in a relationship of any kind where one wrong word could mean a very nasty spell is unleashed against them.
- The magically powerful rarely refuse the opportunity to show off their talents. This is done because they are all raging egotists but also to warn off those who might think of becoming a threat to them.
- The Fairy Queen is the most powerful being in the Fairy Kingdom but thankfully she tends to go around her realm wearing a big enough crown for this to be the best visual clue this lady is not for annoying.
- The Chief Wizard wears an official hat and is obliged by law to wear it at all times. This is to give "lesser beings" (i.e. anyone not a wizard unless they are the Fairy Queen or a royal like Eileen) a chance to get out of the way should this be necessary. You'd be amazed at how often it is necessary.
- Dragons are easily recognized and should be dealt with by magical superiors such as the Queen, Eileen, the Chief Wizard and so on. Fortunately most in the Fairy Kingdom are only too happy to let their superiors take all the risks here so deaths by dragon have reduced in recent centuries.
Ignoring the fact most witches make this easy for you by insisting on wearing the big, black pointed hat, other clues as to the magical powerful are listed below.
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.