- The Atomiser. It's what the victims of it become - mere atoms.
- The Reshaper. Hanastrew's most powerful transformation spell is not limited by the size of the victim so is suitable for use on ogres and trolls as well as on awkward dwarves.
- The Lasso. This charm produces a very thick rope which lassoes itself around the victim of Hanastrew's choice. The Mounties may always get their man. Hanastrew always gets her magical being.
- Invisibility in an Instant. Hanastrew of course uses this on herself. She has developed one of the quickest invisibility spells known to the Fairy Kingdom.
- Flying Boost. Hanastrew, when off duty, flies a lot to build up her stamina and distance flying but her boost spell is used to enhance her speed. The Queen doesn't really approve and believes it be akin to taking performance enhancing drugs. Eileen, Hanastrew's mentor, doesn't see the problem with that and neither does Hanastrew!
Hanastrew, the leader of the fairy squad, has a range of favourite spells, most of which have been in action thanks to the Fairy News Network filming the squad at work on a number of occasions. Hanastrew doesn't mind this. If seeing her blast someone to smithereens puts somebody else off even thinking about tackling the Queen or the fairy squad, Hanastrew considers the publicity well worth it. Some of her best spells are:-
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.