- Simply being with Derek.
- Gardening, again usually with Derek.
- Listening to classical music (and this is even better if Derek has not gone out to his gardening club so joins Eileen for this).
- Appreciating art via TV programmes, what Eileen sees on the internet and visiting galleries with Derek.
- Sex - with Derek, naturally.
- Chocolate (this is one of the few areas where Eileen prefers this on her own. Besides Derek is not that keen on chocolate which Eileen has never understood. He has never understood her almost fanatical devotion to the stuff. Eileen reminds herself Derek has never met Hanastrew for whom the invention of chocolate has been a sanity saver).
- Walking, usually with Derek, though Eileen can and does take herself off for a good walk and finds this an amazing stress reliever.
- Reading. Derek likes gardening books. Eileen likes history. Many a pleasant evening has been spent with them in their respective armchairs enjoying their respective books and knowing the other is just there.
- Later, being with her beloved grandson, Eddie. Eileen takes well to being a granny.
- Listening to radio, especially history documentaries though Eileen likes some of the classic radio comedies.
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.