- The Lord of the Rings. Again epic quests go down well.
- The Hobbit.
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Good versus evil films always hit the spot.
- The Harry Potter Films. Most in the realm would have sympathy for a young wizard trying to fight evil.
- The Sword in the Stone.
- The Star Wars films - Episodes 4 to 6. A heroic princess, unlikely heroes and an epic quest make these winners.
- The Abyss. The Fairy Kingdom also likes stories and films about strange alien worlds despite being one!
Funnily enough, this would not include the Disney versions of the classic fairytales where they have been watered down to suit a young audience. I do have some sympathy for Disney here as I wondered how they could ever produce The Little Mermaid as there is no way they could do it as Hans Christen Andersen wrote it. Having said that films that would go down well are:-
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.