- Will be resourceful and calm under pressure.
- Will be able to help herself and not just wait, pitifully, for Prince Charming to turn up.
- Will be suspicious of her new stepmother and be on guard against foul tricks.
- Will listen carefully to any talking animals that come across her path but if one of these is grey, hairy and in a dress will not assume some poor soul has let themselves go and is in desperate need of hair removal products like 'Veet. She will recognize that creature for what it is and either run a mile or go and fetch the nearest woodcutter to take care of the problem.
- Will be witty and intelligent.
- Will resist any kind of evil.
- Will automatically refuse to marry any Dark Lord regardless of the consequences.
- Will treat all species, magical or otherwise, with respect.
- Will conduct herself well in a fight. Think Princess Fiona from Shrek rather than Sleeping Beauty. (The latter is in no position to fight, true, but she should've been).
- If she needs to grow her hair to incredibly long lengths, will use the very best quality hair products to make the hair shine and to give it super human strength. Her hair will need it. She will also conduct neck and head strengthening exercises (and pray desperately that the prince who comes to rescue her is not a contender for Fatty of the Year).
I'm Allison Symes and write fairytales with bite, especially novels and short stories.